* Keep the workshop clean and tidy at all times;
* Always seek instruction before using an unfamiliar piece of equipment;
* Only use tools and machines for their intended purpose;
* Report all damaged equipment and do not use it until it has been repaired by
a qualified person;
* Where machine guards are provide they must be kept in place;
* Never distract the attention of another staff member when that person is
operating equipment and never indulge in horseplay;
* Always use the appropriate personal protective devices and check that they are
clean and in good repair before and after use;
* Long hair needs to be restrained by either a tie or hat;
* Never use compressed air for cleaning clothing and machinery;
* Report all hazards and unsafe conditions and work practices.
Subscribe to our newsletter!